As many of you know I have been eating more and more vegetarian meals in the evening. The reason being is that I am trying to eat as they would eat and meat does not arrive on the table everyday. However, I do treat myself once a fortnight and a visit to the local butcher is always a welcomed distraction. I usually get Rogate, my house girl, to visit the butcher for me and my only instruction is that I would like steak. The quality of the meat depends how soon after the cow has been slaughter that you arrive at the shop. See the picture. They slaughter the cow and sell the meat always within one day. It is all done in the open air with the cow strung to the posts in the picture. Well you cant really call it a shop and you don’t really get butchered meat it is more like a hacked piece which often including a bit of everything meat, fat and bone. But Rogate is a wise shopper and always comes back with something worth eating.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Butchers shop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment